About this collection
The images in this digital collection show the buildings and grounds of Eastern Washington University and its predecessors. Most images show the development of the Cheney campus, which has grown and expanded from the initial eight-acre site occupied by the Benjamin P. Cheney Academy in 1882. Some views document facilities used by courses and programs offered off campus, including the EWU Higher Education Center and the Riverpoint campus in Spokane.
Photographs for this digital collection came from alumni donations, non-university archival collections, and images taken by university photographers held as university records.