EWU Photo Collection
Scanned at 600 ppi TIFF format, resized to 72 ppi JPEG
Pillars of Hercules and Showalter Hall. Showalter Hall was named in honor of the school's president Noah Showalter, 1911-26. The Pillars of Hercules were built in 1915 as a memorial to the administration building that was destroyed by fire in 1912. The pillars are located just down the pathway (or "Hello Walk") from Showalter Hall, Cheney Normal School (currently, Eastern Washington University). The stone pillars were financed by the Alumni Associaiton.
Archives and Special Collections, Eastern Washington University Libraries
For permission to publish, contact Eastern Washington University Libraries, Archives and Special Collections (509) 359-2475. For ordering information go to http://www.ewu.edu/Library/Services/Archives/Order-Info.xml
Showalter Hall (Eastern Washington University); Pillars of Hercules (Eastern Washington University); Rock formations;